11.27.2015

3 Recycled/ Upcycled Simple Storage Ideas



When it comes to getting things stored or organised we tend to rush and go straight to purchase new baskets/ boxes/ containers and get started with the task at hand but I’d always recommend to “shop around the house” first and see whether you have anything in the house already that you could reuse or repurpose; I would even go one step further and encourage you to have a look at your recycling bin! Do you think I’ve gone totally coocoo? Keep reading!





 When I decided to organise the printer area, I sorted out all my different types of paper by covering some shirt boxes in a pretty wallpaper and adding labels to them. Cartridges and printer supplies are nicely kept in a perfume box wrapped in gift wrapping paper. See? My pocket and the environment are delighted with this solution! ;)




Hubby owns a ginormous collection of CDs and DVDs. They used to cover a whole wall of bookcases in our previous house but not anymore: I purchased some inexpensive boxes from the supermarket, put together some pretty labels, sorted CDs by band/artist first initials and DVDs by genre and put them in a closed cupboard in our home office. Voila! No visual clutter and one very effective system that makes finding CDs and DVDs a piece of cake! (Pssst you can download these labes from this post :)




Do you have a collection of magazines sitting in a big pile on the floor? Magazine files are just the perfect solution in this case. I made them more interesting by painting stripes on some of them. They now sit prettily on top of my desk.

This is a collaboration post with Harveys Furniture. Check out some other blogger's storage ideas on their blog. 

Gaby 

9 comments

  1. This is such a wonderful post. I love that you really thought about recycling other stuff and turn them into something new. Your very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fab and I love storage solutions so much that this post will be getting pinned! :) Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for storage ideas, they look so neat and colourful but so tidy too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big believer in reusing and upcycling boxes. My only problem is finding the space to put them. I'm still working on decluttering

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some cool ideas, I will be revamping my place soon and these will come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a genius! i don't know how you do it! i'm gradually trying to make my home clutter free and very pretty but it's difficult with a small baby. also don't think I'm as artistic as you. it looks great tough, very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are so organised and it all looks so neat and stylish now too. I just hide all of our stuff in a cupboard but you have made a feature of it which is a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, these are amazing. really colourful and stylish too. Makes everything look so neat

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome storage solutions! It's great that you made them by yourself. I also like my stuff to be well organized! Greetings

    ReplyDelete

© life in eightMaira Gall